Come and work with us
We are always looking for great people to work with us. Here are the roles we’re recruiting for at the moment
Restless Communications is currently looking for a hybrid content and social strategist/copywriter to work part-time across several projects over the next three months. And probably longer.
Our clients range from Virgin Media Business and Marriott Hotels to the EU’s Fundamental Rights Agency and European Institute for Gender Equality.
Since we started in 2011 we’ve always worked on an ‘associate’ model, bringing in talented contractors to support us on projects as we grow.
And we now need to bring in someone to help us across a number of content strategy and social projects for clients who are scaling up activities as we head out of lockdown.
We’re looking for a contractor or freelancer with several years’ strategic social media experience, ideally in a B2B capacity. Someone who can plan, execute and report on content and social activity which meets commercial aims. A self-starter who can speedily write entertaining and on-brand copy to a clear house style. And someone who can bring both an analytical and creative mind to running owned, earned and paid-for channels effectively.
- To produce, deliver and evaluate social and content strategies which meet clear objectives
- To write compelling and effective web copy and social content in clients’ in-house style in a way which clearly supports clients’ social strategy
- To repurpose reports, thought-leadership, and assets across our clients’ owned channels to meet their marketing communications and branding objectives
- To brief designers and/or design assets to support the content
- To manage the process of posting, working with clients’ in-house teams and coaching them as appropriate
- Develop content and social strategies to support clearly defined communications and social media objectives
- Owning a tone of voice for the client and driving the strategy behind it
- Owning and updating a content planning grid by day/week/month across core social channels with the bulk of content planned well in advance
- Recommending and creating fast-turnaround ‘ad-hoc’ and opportunistic content dependent on external (and internal) events
- Creating and/or recommending social content to accompany publication of planned content across ‘owned’ channels
- Some copywriting for ‘owned’ channels’ e.g. blogs, news pages
- Managing production and delivery of visual assets (working with agency and/or in-house design and production team) across social channels and internal news/blog channels
- Identifying key influencers and planning/delivering outreach to generate engagement and traffic
- Referring community management, moderation to customer-service channels as appropriate
- Developing and implementing (or managing) a paid-for strategy to support clear comms objectives (visibility, traffic and lead-generation)
- Working as your own project manager for bespoke projects to ensure timely delivery with excellent communication
- Reporting and Evaluation of activity on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
The candidate will have demonstrable experience in:
- Developing a content and social strategy (either in-house or in agency) to support clear marketing communications and/or brand-building objectives, ideally in the B2B space
- Copywriting to a variety of different tones of voice, for different channels (e.g. blogs & social)
- Briefing creative teams to create effective graphical, visual and video-led content for social channels
- Presenting reports demonstrating activities against KPIs, using a mix of free and paid-for tools
- Effective use of social advertising to support a variety of objectives
- Identifying influencers with B2B and B2C environment and creating outreach strategies which deliver engagement and traffic as required
- Training, coaching and supporting others
- Photoshop and video-editing skills
- Using community-management and analytics tools such as Sprout, Agora Pulse, Hootsuite, Radian6, Brandwatch
- Practical experience using Google Analytics
Anywhere. Seriously. Or our office in London N8.
We have always operated on a ‘remote-working works’ philosophy so will happily hire an experienced remote-worker.
If you can use Zoom/Slack/Dropbox/GoogleDocs proficiently and can meet at least occasionally in North or Central London, you’re welcome to apply.
We’re looking for a freelancer or contractor for for three months initially, probably 3 days a week (spread over 5 days if possible).
But this might scale up or down (or longer) as agreed with the right candidate. Just ask.
We are very happy to offer a competitive day rate commensurate with experience. We would expect you to use our timesheet software (Harvest) so we can report time accurately to our clients, and we would expect mutual flexibility around contracted v actual time worked. Basically, let’s trust eachother. We’re all grown ups.